WEEE "Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment"
What is WEEE?
- The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Regulations (2006 No. 3289) (WEEE) is a new UK legislation designed to address the environmental impact of waste electrical and electronic equipment
- The regulations have been put in place to ensure that products are recycled using best available treatment, recovery and recycling techniques to ensure human health and high environmental protection
- Both M4 Store and our customers can assist in recycling waste electrical and electronic equipment
- We cannot recycle it unless you return it, so our customers have an important role to play in helping us to recycle
- M4 Store will undertake their responsibility as a Distributor to dispose of these goods in line with European legislation
How do I know if my product is covered?
Look out for this symbol:
- If the symbol shown here is found on any of your goods, it means that the product is covered by the WEEE Regulations
- Please click here (PDF 68kb) for more details of products that are included in the WEEE Directive
How do I recycle my old products?
- It means that you can return waste electrical equipment to Ebuyer when you are purchasing a new product from us under our distributer obligations*
- When you have finished with a WEEE product, please do not put in your domestic waste bin, as it will not be recycled
- Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a convenient time for you to deliver the old item back to us.
- Please quote your M4 Store order number and describe the item that is to be recycled
- Please give details of the Pick-up address and convenient times for collection
- Please carefully package any item for collection in advance to avoid transit damage
- We will then deal with the waste product in an environmentally responsible manner, at no cost to you
*It has to be like for like (e.g. a laptop for a laptop, not a TV for a laptop).